Can you identify ‘Jordan’ by this composite drawing?
2019-10-28 12:41 PDT
File # 2019-25296
View a high-resolution photo
Coquitlam RCMP is asking you to help advance a two-month-old sexual assault investigation by identifying a suspect who is likely being protected by silence.
On Saturday, August 17, 2019, at 9:41 p.m., at a restaurant in the 500 block of Lougheed Highway, a regular customer allegedly assaulted and sexually assaulted a staff member while she was working.
Restaurant management has been very helpful, but other witnesses have been less than cooperative, says Corporal Michael McLaughlin with Coquitlam RCMP.
If people are protecting the suspect with a ‘code of silence’, we’re hoping those people understand that the victim is dealing with both physical and psychological consequences. Someone needs to step up and do the right thing.
The suspect is described as:
- A Caucasian or mixed-ethnicity man who goes by the first name ‘Jordan,’
- In his late 20s or early 30s,
- About 5’10’’ or 5’11’’ (178 cm or 180 cm), with a medium, stocky build and strong hands,
- Flared nostrils and full lips,
- Short, light brown hair that is shaved on the sides,
- Typically wearing a snap-back baseball hat worn very low, a puffy jacket and red, ‘Air Jordan’-type pants.
It’s our job as police to be impartial and we’re ready to hear everyone’s side of this story, says Corporal McLaughlin.
But it’s important that we identify ‘Jordan.’ This case cannot be closed until we do.
If you think you recognize ‘Jordan,’ call the Coquitlam RCMP non-emergency number at 604-945-1550 and quote file 2019-25296. If you recognize the suspect and wish to remain anonymous, use the Crimestoppers website at www.solvecrime.ca or call 1-800-222-8477 (1-800-222-TIPS).
Cpl. Michael McLaughlinMedia Relations Officer
coquitlam.rcmp-grc.gc.ca (English only)
2986 Guildford Way, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y5
- Date modified: