Integrated Forensic Identification Services
The Integrated Forensic Identification Service is a provincial RCMP Unit that provides highly specialized forensic support to RCMP Detachments and Units across British Columbia.
Services that IFIS provides include:
- Crime Scene Examination for the search, collection and recording of physical evidence (fingerprints, DNA, tire and footwear evidence) and subsequent analysis.
- Video imaging and Digital photography to record crime scenes and video re-enactments.
- Forensic Artist who provides facial composites, aging, restorations and skull reconstructions to aid investigations.
- Disaster Victim Identification resulting from mass casualty incidents.
- Forensic Video Analysis of recorded video, whether it be CCTV surveillance footage or cellphone captures.
In addition to RCMP officers IFIS has civilian employees including Forensic Video Analysts, Forensic Identification Assistants and Fingerprint Technicians.
IFIS is committed to excellence in forensic service in all criminal investigations in BC to bring about justice for the victims of crime and for their families. No major crime investigation has a successful outcome without a strong forensic investigational component.
Truth Through Evidence.
- Date modified: