Community Policing and Volunteer Programs
Coquitlam RCMP's community and crime prevention programs are based on the belief that police can only be effective when engaged, informed citizens get involved in the safety of their homes, businesses and neighbourhoods. Volunteering with the Coquitlam RCMP is a great way to:
- Get connected to your neighbours and your neighbourhood.
- Meet new people from diverse backgrounds and build a stronger social and professional network.
- Gain skills and experience that will make your job and post secondary education applications stand out.
- Put your unique skills and abilities to work supporting your local police.
- Learn about crime and safety in your community and what you can do to keep your family, friends and property safe.
So whether you are a young adult considering a career in law enforcement; a retiree looking for a way to use your skills and experience to give back to your community; a recent immigrant wanting to meet new people and get to know your new home; or just someone who wants to help the police create safer, healthier neighbourhoods the Coquitlam RCMP has volunteer opportunities that will help you reach your goals while supporting the police working to reduce crime and enhance public safety.
How to Apply:
To apply for a volunteer position fill in the Volunteer Application form Coquitlam RCMP Volunteer Application form
Return the completed form by email to Coquitlam_Volunteer_Recruitment@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.
(Reminder: An actual-size, colour scan or photo of your valid photo government ID must be included.)
Return the completed for in-person, bring valid, government photo ID to one of the following locations:
• Main Detachment: 2986 Guildford Way, Coquitlam
• Ridgeway Community Police Station: 1059 Ridgeway Avenue, Coquitlam
• Mary Hill Community Police Station: 2581 Mary Hill Road, Port Coquitlam
Volunteer Information Session:
If you are interested in volunteering with Coquitlam RCMP register for the upcoming FREE Info Session. Our Community Police Team will discuss the many opportunities available, what to expect when you volunteer and the application process.
The next Volunteer Information Webinar is on February 8 from 7 p.m. in the Port Coquitlam Community Centre (JB Room on the Second Floor)
Register for the info session Here
If you would like to volunteer and are under 19, you will also need to fill in this form: Consent form for under 19
Follow the links below to find out more about how each of our programs and how you can get involved
- Date modified: