Citizens' Crime Watch
Citizens’ Crime Watch is a group of dedicated volunteers who support the Coquitlam RCMP in crime prevention and public safety initiatives. Volunteers serve as extra eyes and ears within the community supporting the Coquitlam RCMP’s Crime Reduction Strategy, helping to enhance police visibility and connection to the community. Patrols include:
- Crime hotspots and reporting on suspicious activity
- Crime Prevention Notices
- Distracted driving
- City signage visibility
- Stolen Auto Recovery
- Attending community events providing personal and neighborhood safety information
Volunteer with Citizens' Crime Watch program
To volunteer with Citizens' Crime Watch you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Hold an unrestricted class 5 BC driver’s license
- Pass an RCMP security screening and a suitability interview
- Commit to a minimum 1 year term
- Commit to 5 hours of volunteering per month
- Attend all meetings and training sessions scheduled throughout the year
For more information on becoming a volunteer with the Citizens' Crime Watch program, please email the Community Policing Services Coordinator.
- Applicants under 19 yrs old must fill out and submit RCMP form 5272 with their application.
- Applications are available at Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam Community Police Stations and the Coquitlam RCMP main detachment.
- Request a Volunteer Application form by email.
- Applications must be submitted in person.
- Please bring a piece of government-issued identification when submitting your application.
- Date modified: