Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register kudos or complaints about the Coquitlam RCMP?
- How do I apply for permits & licenses?
- How do I spot & report criminal or suspicious activity?
- How do I pay fees & fines?
- How do I access Coquitlam RCMP locations & services?
- How do I get fingerprinted, request a police information check or apply for a record suspension?
- How do I deal with unwanted firearms?
- How do I deal with wildlife-related public safety issues?
- How do I get help with civil law issues?
- How do I access Coquitlam RCMP volunteer & job opportunities?
- How do I deal with lost, found, stolen or seized property?
How do I access Coquitlam RCMP locations & services?
Front Counter Services
Customer service is our top priority and our front counter schedule has been designed to minimize your wait time. With the exception of the sex offender registry, property pick-up and fingerprinting; front counter services are also available at our community police stations in Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam. Please call ahead to confirm hours of operation.
If the front counter is closed:
Call the non-emergency number at 604-945-1550, or
Use the intercom located to the left of the front door.
You may be able to file your crime report online. See Coquitlam RCMP's online crime reporting tool.
Find location and contact information for the main detachment office.
Please note the following:
- Hours of availability can be found here
The Coquitlam RCMP main detachment front counter is a cellphone free zone.
- Valid identification.
Applicants who can provide a valid combined BC Driver's License & Services Card do not need to provide a second piece of identification. Any applicant who does not provide a valid combined BC Driver's License & Services Card must present two pieces of government-issued identification. The first piece of ID must include the applicant’s name, birth date, signature and photo (i.e., driver's license, passport, BC ID Card). The second piece of ID must contain the applicant's name and birth date (i.e., BC Care Card, Birth Certificate, citizenship card).
- Identification that is not valid for front counter services.
SIN cards, credit cards, membership cards for any organization, transit passes, library cards.
- All front counter services are PST/GST exempt.
Services and Fees
- cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, certified cheque or money order (payable to the City of Coquitlam).
- For employment (applicants must complete a PIC form): $65
- For volunteer work (applicants must submit a letter from a registered non-profit volunteer organization or agency and complete a PIC form): Free
- If working or volunteering with the Vulnerable Sector (elderly, children, people with disabilities or addictions), the Vulnerable Sector portion of the PIC form must also be completed.
- Effective September 16, 2019: Passenger Directed Vehicle (must also complete the Vulnerable Sector portion of the PIC form): $65
- Request a Police Information Check form by email.
Monday to Saturday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. $65
Please Note: Fingerprinting services are by appointment only, to book an appointment call 604-472-2728 . An additional fee of $25 Federal processing (certified cheque or money order payable to the Receiver General of Canada) may be required.
- Date modified: